Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Pacheco during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Clean Air HVAC will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Clean Air HVAC at 925-233-6238 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.