Whether you appreciate winter or prefer the warmer months in Pacheco, many of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a big impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be changed. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Install a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can set temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—even with your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. An expert at Clean Air HVAC can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Clean Air HVAC in Pacheco a call to begin. Give us a shout at 925-233-6238 or arrange an appointment with us online.