Make your life less difficult—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service visit from your Clean Air HVAC professional each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the future. Your technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your air conditioner, which can hamper airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, make sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in serious repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Clean Air HVAC service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Clean Air HVAC team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.