Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Pacheco is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Clean Air HVAC constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Clean Air HVAC in Pacheco at 925-233-6238 today.