Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you experience a taste of uneasiness with an air conditioner breakdown. It can hit at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and suddenly recognize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so toasty bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be time for an air conditioner replacement.
Usually, it isn’t the thermostat’s error; the settings can be working correctly, but it still states that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an old or faulty air conditioner that needs a call to the experts to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners break down, especially considering the weather in Pacheco. Here are some things that you can search for before you call Clean Air HVAC if you think your air conditioner has broken down:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your outdoor air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you inspect your system and find that the fan isn’t running, it means that the heat relocation isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to hang around in your home. This failure can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most likely troubles that Clean Air HVAC sees. These filthy filters in your air conditioner reduce suitable airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really difficult when allergy season hits. Dirty air filters can also reduce the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always check for an obstruction or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to lose efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, too.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also deterred from outside blockages close to your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can affect it’s cooling capabilities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned frequently to lower the likelihood of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t working, here are a list of questions and additional checks that you should look into and answer to get your system up and functioning again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t turn on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature set below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL setting?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box ok or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things alter your system procedure, call Clean Air HVAC at 925-233-6238.
Don’t let an air conditioner breakdown or replacement keep you up at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at Clean Air HVAC in Pacheco is always here to help – give us a call at 925-233-6238.