As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to flip on the heat. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 925-233-6238 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Clean Air HVAC in Pacheco a call at 925-233-6238. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.