According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are fully opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you peek inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have pests or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to contact Clean Air HVAC in Pacheco about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to keep your ducts cleaner and extend the time between professional visits.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the pros at Clean Air HVAC. A regular checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Checking your system regularly and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clear.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and switch them out when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Pacheco home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Clean Air HVAC at 925-233-6238 or arrange an appointment online.