Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Pacheco season, have the professionals at Clean Air HVAC conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Clean Air HVAC today at 925-233-6238.