You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Clean Air HVAC have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having trouble getting accustomed to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Clean Air HVAC technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 925-233-6238.