One of the most vital parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more essential. Winters in Pacheco are unpredictable and the chilliest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you call in an expert technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – unclean filters are one of the most widespread causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a more challenging time passing through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to shut off sometimes. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to pick up on clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can ward off these problems and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this crucial step, especially if there was a relevant spike in temperature that may have caused you to turn off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that run your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, position. It can easily be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is often the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only require a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is an easy and effective way of ensuring the effectiveness of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Pacheco expert. If there are still problems after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much wider idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the trouble might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Clean Air HVAC in Pacheco.